Sunday, October 7, 2007

Im awful at blogging

So i forgot to get this done last week, and i almost forgot about it again this week. I feel it is safe to say i am not good at this blog thing. Anyway I realize this is last minute but at least I am getting it done. So far I have really enjoyed the class. It is the fastest three class I have ever taken. I enjoy how the class is moved by our work rather then learning how other people write. I have always found learning more effective when you just dive into it. Although I don't know if i understand this blogging assignment. I do understand that it is probably something as simple as just getting us writing on a consistant basis. I also do enjoy journaling to a point. I just feel that while I am writing in a journal I could be out doing things that are worth writing about. Anyway back on track, the class. I understand that my leads are a little weak, but i am scared to get to creative with them in small (and by small I mean large) part do to the J school. I feel the J school give you a box and says write inside this. This does not mean that I don't like the program. In truth, I do like the U of O J school and it has made me a better writer without a doubt. It is just completely different to every other journalism class I have taken so far. I guess I just got to find a way to write an interesting lead but not flowery. Allright I'm not sure how long these are supposed to be and I need to still write another one real quick so I'm going to end this write here. Hope I'm doing this right and I'll try to not procrastinate again. Peace!

1 comment:

Abrahm Lustgarten said...

good and real issues you are grappling with. I think the j school has you write in a box, at least in classes like this one, to build a solid foundation. After that you can build on it with Gonzo journalism, or whatever style moves you -- but the fundamentals need to be strong. I would hope, but maybe I'm wrong, that other classes encourage thinking out of the box in different ways?