Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mission Statement

Mission Statement

My mission for this class is to succeed in whatever form I can. It is hard to say this early how much I will get from this class and a large part will be due to my effort towards the class. Confidence in my writing will help me to become a better writer and I hope to gain some from this class. Now that I am a senior I need to start to choose a path for the rest of my life, not saying that I will stay on that path, but I at least need something to get me going after I graduate. In the end I am looking to learn a lot about writing and have as good of a time as possible.
As for my aspiring career as a journalist I am very indecisive about my future goals. Everyday I seem to change my mind on the direction I want to go with my writing or whether I even want to write as a profession. As for now though that seems to be the only job that suites me. I really do enjoy learning about new things and especially the interview process. I find it fascinating what people will say to you if you just ask the right questions. The key is to enjoy what you do so I have very little fear about being successful in either journalism if I choose or some other field that inspires me. So far I feel my attempt at being a serious writer has been lazy and I do wish to change this as soon as possible.
I have written for my high school paper and a couple of attempts at freelance, but the effort has been half ass at best. I wrote for my Temple newsletter for a little while and an article for the Emerald my freshman year. I do however keep journals, which are a good start, but only when I am traveling and usually they have large gaps between entries. I certainly hope that my writing will be more frequent and of high quality for now on.

No comments: