Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm a Dummy

So i was stoaked about getting something done before the last hour it was due and then I forgot to do the second one and I waited all week to start this blog. I guess I'm just a little busy this year with all my classes and getting things together. As for this week in class I am starting to get into a rhythm and I think the rest of the class is to. I am no longer terrified of writing story in 40 minutes and I actually have been finishing early. We have been working on our beat assignments and my map was piss poor. I knew it was piss poor when i turned it in but I just didn't have time to make it look all nice. I really thought the map was just for me to use I didn't know we had to turn it in so i kinda just made notes to myself. There is plenty of detail actually in my map it is just a mess and I am going to redo it. It is hard to get motivated to go out to my beat cause it is far away and I really could care less about the place. It is a cool assignment but at the same time it is a lot of work outside of class time and I am busy. This class should definetly be six credits. We also had to read from the best newspaper writings book and there was one article about the marines who let families know when their loved one dies and it was pretty powerful. It was really long but if you didn't get a little choked up reading it; you have no soul. It is the type of writing I think would be fun but the more journalism classes I take the less enthused about writing for a publication I become. All right hopefully I don't forget to do another one of these before midnight. Peace.

No comments: